1. Position Identification:
a. Position Title: Dietary Aide
b. Job Location: Kitchen, residences
2. Position Relationships:
a. Reports to: Dietary Manager
3. The Resident is at the heart of all we do at Mt. St. Joseph (MSJ). The primary responsibility of ALL staff is to our residents. We must ensure that their care, needs, and safety are being met at all times.
4. General Purpose of Position:
a. To prepare, cook, and set up nourishments for residents. Maintain sanitary conditions in kitchen area.
5. Essential Position Functions:
a. Prepare ingredients that are needed for daily meals. Involves slicing, cutting, inspecting fruits, vegetables, etc.
b. Stock food supplies; rotating food supplies as needed.
c. Prepare high calorie supplements; adjust consistency of food as needed.
d. Set up food carts, set up sack lunches for workshops
e. Clean work area and equipment used
f. Wash all pots and pans; put away all equipment
g. Sweep/mop kitchen floor area
h. Other duties as assigned
6. Critical Knowledge, Skills, and Expertise Needed Specific to this Position:
a. Must be able to follow orders and properly perform assigned tasks
b. Must be in good mental and physical condition
c. Must be able to speak and understand English
d. Must be able to work productively with staff and other departments
7. Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
a. Must be able to speak, hear, and see (with or without reasonable accommodations) to conduct the essential job functions for this position
b. Must be able to get around within the facility safely (with or without reasonable accommodations) in order to complete the essential job functions for this position
c. Exposed to temperature extremes in kitchen and storage areas
d. Sits, stands, stoops, bends, lifts, and walks intermittently during workday
e. May handle hazardous materials/ substances such as kitchen strength cleaning detergents, etc.
8. Equipment Used in Performing Functions:
a. Kitchen equipment as needed