Culinary Host Wanted
CULINARY HOSTESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Know each resident and family member and learn their meal preferences, likes, dislikes, etc.
- Anticipate customer’s needs and requests.
- Engage residents and connect with them in a genuine, compassionate and memorable way.
- Assist with preparation and service of meals with a focus on quality, taste and appearance.
- Ensure all meals are served in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Perform assigned duties on the culinary production line to assure meals are prepared on time and is ready prior to service.
- Ensure meals and beverages are served and delivered in a timely fashion.
- Respond to customer needs by serving substitute foods in a timely manner for residents who may request food other than what is served.
- Set up meal trays, dining rooms, tables, etc. as instructed, per Culinary Policy, and to provide a positive customer experience.
- Obtain food supplies for the next meal to be prepared.
- Deliver meals to designated areas, if requested or assigned.
- Remove plates from dining rooms, etc. and take to the dishwashing area.
- Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Clean worktables, refrigerators/freezers, juice machines, or other equipment as assigned.
- Sweep and mop floors as directed or assigned.
- Wash and clean soiled dishes and utensils and return clean dishes and utensils to proper storage areas and receptacles.
- Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous equipment and supplies.
- Assist with and actively support all special events held within the community.
- Maintain all requirements for safety and sanitation within the Culinary Department.
- Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist in maintaining food storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner at all times.
- Alert Culinary Experience Manager in a timely manner of all necessary repairs or maintenance needed for equipment and department as witnessed.
- Engage in continuous learning and development opportunities through attendance and participation in in-service, educational seminars, staff meetings and other learning experiences.
- Performs related duties as assigned or required.
- Must demonstrate empathy and compassion to connect with customers.
- Must be inspired to serve the needs of our customers.
- Must use imagination and creativity to motivate self and others.
- Prior experience in food service preferred, but not required.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent, unless you have a work permit verified by the High School.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language at a level adequate to perform the job duties.
- Ability to maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment and work areas.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with team members.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an team member to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand, bend, talk and hear. The team member is required to walk and balance. The team member will occasionally be required to climb stairs. The team member is required to use hand and finger to touch, handle and feel, and is required to reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment conditions described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Works primarily indoors in well lighted/ventilated areas, however, is subject to various levels of noise and odors. Requires walking, standing and sitting up to 100% of the time. Subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, staff, visitors, etc.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest