Personal Banker - Hoffman Estates
First American Bank was founded in Chicago, and over the years has expanded throughout Wisconsin and Florida. As the largest privately held bank in Illinois, we now have over 60 locations and assets of $5+ billion. We are a community bank at heart with international expertise, traditional values, and a forward-looking philosophy. Our employees have the experience and vision to meet the needs of savers, borrowers, and businesses in the 21st century. First American Bank can offer employees a level of visibility, career growth, and stability that is difficult to find in many larger corporations.
The Personal Banker position is a mid-level role within the Retail Banking Department. This non-exempt (hourly) role services the branch and provides professional customer service across both Teller and Banker functions. Additionally, they serve as a needs-based sales professional who thoroughly understands First American Bank’s retail banking product and service offering.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and retain meaningful relationships with new and existing customers by identifying needs and educating them about the features and benefits of First American Bank personal banking products.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver a tailored sales presentation ensuring our products and services are effectively presented to the customer.
- Identify and engage in sales conversations with customers and assist them in selecting banking products and services that best meet their needs. Responsible for taking Home Equity and other retail loan applications, as well as closing loans, and referring mortgages to internal partners.
- Partner with other areas of the bank to promote: Business Banking, Wealth Management, Treasury Management, and Merchant services.
- Participate in outbound calling, local community events, and other related activities to increase market awareness.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales goals.
- Manage customer experience, ensuring satisfactory service standards and appropriate resolutions are achieved.
- Provide high-level customer experiences by assessing and implementing resolution for sensitive customer issues. This includes performing research, reviewing transactions, and redirecting customers to appropriate resources when necessary.
- Utilize tools and resources to organize and analyze customer data to align customer needs to tailored recommendations for products and services. Manage pipeline to adequately capture conversations and opportunities for prospective and current customers.
- Perform all daily personal banking tasks, including, but not limited to opening, maintaining, and closing deposit accounts (consumer accounts, business accounts, and IRAs).Exercise judgement with respect to required documentation for specific transactions and evaluate First American Bank’s ability to act upon a request.
- Assist and educate new and existing customers on available servicing technology which includes online banking and mobile technology.
- Participate in phone queues to service customers which includes performing research, reviewing transactions, and redirecting customers to appropriate resources when necessary.
- Provide teller services including, balancing teller drawer, performing customer transactions, processing cash advances, depositing currency, ordering coin, and other teller services.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Assist in performing opening and closing procedures of the branch as needed.
- Analyze and identify risks while conducting customer transactions. Utilize compliance and fraud training to accurately respond and escalate suspicious activity to the appropriate department.
- Participate in internal audits demonstrating an understanding of internal bank policies and procedures to ensure exemplary customer service standards are met.
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- College degree in business or related field a plus.
- Compressive training and professional development are provided to adequately prepare employees, equipping individuals with the skill sets to succeed the role. Trainings will include technical and customer service topics via classroom style, electronic, and one-on-one trainings.
- This position requires the individual to take loan applications and close loans.
- This position may require the employee to register and maintain registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS).
- Minimum one year of personal banking, customer service, or sales experience required.
Ability to handle cash transactions and proficient in working with US currency.
- Proven track record of sales experience preferred.
- Must be professional, comfortable speaking with external and internal contacts with a demonstrated ability to tailor the message appropriately to the audience and situation effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to convey thoughts and ideas effectively and succinctly via written formats, including emails, letters, and electronic platforms. Maintain professional standards relating to spelling and grammar.
- Maintain credibility through professional demeanor, appearance, and presence by modeling standards appropriate to our environment and industry.
- Maintain good working relationships with internal partners by exhibiting exemplary interpersonal skills, adopting a constructive, solutions-focused approach.
- Use sound professional judgment to balance the interests of the organization and customer, understanding and using available resources to mitigate risks.
- Cold calling sales ability, with assertive, positive, and persistent style.
- Proficiency with Microsoft O365 products and applications, including the ability to effectively prepare or review documents, procedures, and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems and applications, as well as the ability to understand, adapt and adjust responsibilities/workflows as a result of system upgrades.
- Occasional travel to other First American Bank locations to assist other branches, Bank functions, and training facilities may be required.
- Typically scheduled for a 36 – 40 hour work week between the hours Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Additional hours may be required depending upon business need.
- Punctuality is required to maintain First American Bank’s customer service standards.