LUNCH 'N LEARN
What a year it has been! It is so hard to keep up on all the new compliance requirements! This Lunch and Learn will update you on the critical employee and human resources issues that will affect your planning for 2022!
- New Laws that affect Small, Medium and Large Businesses/Organizations:
- Employment contracts – update these now for contracts including non-competition or non-solicitation restrictions
- Definition of a “disabled” employee expanded
- COVID OSHA Emergency Order
- COVID mask mandate drags on……..
- Restricted window for independent contractor (versus employee) support to be legal – return to prior rules
- Increases to minimum wages
- Secure Choice Act for retirement savings expanded to include smaller employers
- VESSA leave for victims of domestic abuse expanded
- Tip Credit changes
- Equal Pay law changes
- Reminder of Recent Laws that are Impacting HR today:
- All discrimination laws now apply to every employer, even with one employee!
- Mandated training of all Illinois employees on Sexual Harassment Avoidance annually
- Recreational marijuana - effects on pre-employment drug testing programs
- Limitation on asking applicants their current/prior pay or benefit levels
- 2021 limitation on any criminal records check for applicants
- Updated Employment posters
- Focus of possible New Legislation – where we see activity in Washington and Springfield