LUNCH & LEARN: Employment Law Updates for 2021
What a year it has been! It is so hard to keep up on all the new compliance requirements! This Lunch and Learn will update you on the critical employee and human resources issues that will affect your planning for 2021!
A few points to be discussed:
- Paid time-off requirements for companies with less than 500 employees under the FFCRA
- With schools opening this year, we will discuss the FFCRA paid time off for home schooling and discuss how it works
- Legal risk from employee possible COVID exposures while working & risks from those employees who test positive
- COVID vaccine - legal issues with companies wanting employees to get the vaccine
- Furlough and lay-off issues. We will discuss Illinois unemployment 2020 rules that have expired which may effect employer's unemployment taxes.
- Minimum wage increases for Illinois and Chicago
- New legal compliance poster for Illinois now required - provided with your registration
- Brief summary of Illinois' harassment training requirement for all employees, even if you only have one employee
- Discussion on expected future policy and legal changes at the state and federal level that may affect all business. Lots of new laws and mandates are expected with the changes in Washington!
- And we will address member questions - so let us know what topics you want information on!